We often meet youth dictated tendencies, but fashion is for all, so we’ve prepared trendy hairstyles for women over 50. Hairstyles for middle aged women don’t differ much, but have to be chosen competently. You should consider nuances accenting your face’s and hair structure’s advantages. Simultaneously it’s necessary to avoid elements, making you look elder. We’ll tell you about those secrets, basing on 2018 hair trends.
Read our «2018 hair trends: Win-win hairstyles for women over 50» article.
Hairstyles for women over 50: Middle and long options
Most often recommended hairstyles for women over 50 are short ones. But if you like longer options and got healthy hair, why not?
- 2018 hair trends allow multiple options, including 80th style voluminous layers. It’s good idea to remember your rebellion youth, give vivid thin hair and be extra fashionable!
- Another Disco times trend you can keep with youth – free natural curls. But don’t overdo heat styling – it harms hair too much! Such hairstyles for middle aged women ideally fit for dense African hair owners.
- Any layered haircuts are made for you! Combine them with hair contouring for best result. Remember main styling rule: lines, turned to face, make that part thinner, turned out ones – larger.
- Make elegant classic hairstyles with wavy hair, voluminous buns and braids.
- Long side bangs look fresh and accent your fine taste!
Hairstyles for middle aged women: Short options
Short hairstyles for women over 50 stay popular because of practicality. But, of course, we’ll pay attention on beauty and 2018 hair trends! Let’s see, what’s fashionable this season.
- Long bob and sided long bangs will emphasize your eyes. Such image is quite tender and fresh. Bob won’t look “hard-weight”, old-fashioned like in 60th! Add feathering, light asymmetry, some spiky strands – such hairstyles for middle aged women make them look nearly 10 years younger.
- Spiky strands with right coloring make hair look joyfully and accent face’s beauty.
- Don’t make too short whiskers and microbangs, if it doesn’t fits you 100%! It all visually adds age.
- Braided bangs look very cute and fit 2018 hair trends. Make them boldly, if length allows that.
2018 hair trends: Color choice after 50
Color plays almost main role in hairstyles for women over 50! Usually we read about so many taboos… Are they really so “dangerous”? We don’t think so! Everything is individual, so, if you have doubts and wish to wear “forbidden” color, take good stylist’s advice. Or make simple test – find textile with desired color and bring it close to face. Look critically – did it make your face prettier or accented flaws? If you’ve got first case, try color of your dreams!
- Remember, color on grey hair can be brighter, than in catalogue. And it washes off sooner. You’d better use special products for them.
- Rock your fully grey hair! It’s included in 2018 hair trends! So, your young friends suffer with aggressive bleaching to get refined silvery shades. But so called trendy Granny hair isn’t real grey itself. You’ll need good soft toning to exclude brass. Or use special shampoos for grey hair with very soft bluish pigment. Be sure, trendy silver hair will decorate any hairstyles for women over 50 worthily!
- Got partial grey hair? Maybe, soft highlights or sombre will hide it better, than one-toned dyeing. By the way, flashing highlights make styling look airy and you – younger.
- Stylists often don’t recommend dark colors after 50, but just look at those elegant ladies!..
- Who said it’s not time for bright dyeing? Here we see just another myth! Rock with cool bright colors, looking harmonically with your eye and skin color.
Hopefully, our «2018 hair trends: Win-win hairstyles for women over 50» article helped you prove: beauty has no age limits!